BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Time is Now

Today I listened to probably the most influential sermon in my entire life. And I mean ever. It was not the most profound. It did not leave me thinking and thinking about it for hours on end. And I don't exactly feel convicted. However, I feel like I am a changed woman. 


For once, the church actually talked about singleness and it's gift. 

For the past year or so I've had this yearning for a boyfriend. I've never had a boyfriend in my life...well...besides kindergarten. But anyway, while I love Simpson, being stuck for 8 months out of the year around Simpson couples left me thinking that I was missing something. So, for the past year I've had this huge longing for someone to spend my time with.

Last year was a huge mess in this department. There was a lot of boy drama in my life, and none of it ended well. Actually, it ended pretty awkwardly with God cracking up. I made a lot of mistakes...anyway, it was all bad.

But the entire time, I never realized that God has blessed me with the gift of singleness. The gift of being able to be devoted to God fully without having to worry about a man in my life. But never did I once praise God in my loneliness last year. Not once. 

But after today's sermon, after hearing Travis' encouraging words, I finally feel at peace. See, I've got to work on being Ms. Right before I can find my Mr. Right. And part of that is seeing that I have this chance to be devoted to God. And honestly, I'm tired of missing it. 

So now, I will praise God through the tears and the loneliness. I will stand with my arms in the air, praising God because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I will praise God through my gift of singleness.

So Travis, I want to say thanks. Thanks for allowing God to speak in my life through you. The best choice that Simpson has made is hiring you. You rock! But most of all, thanks God for the severe butt-kickin'. You know how much I needed it.

0 comments: