I am Jonah....
But I am not ashamed about it.
I leave for New York in 45 minutes. I am running to God instead of running away. Today, a dear friend, no, a sister in Christ, prayed over me. And everything that I have feared about this trip was spoken. A fear of the burdens placed upon my heart. A fear of the trip in general. My dear sister spoke words of truth over me.
Did I mention I hate prayer? I'm not an emotional person, but somehow, prayer always changes that. I hate prayer, and I love it with everything I've got...all at the same time. One thing that confuses me about prayer is how two words seem to keep popping up in my life...but what do they mean? Honesty and joy have been coming up a lot lately. Why?
New York, you better watch out. Because I'm coming. And with God on my side, there is nothing but beauty in that.

2 comments:
that's funny, because peace and joy have been my two words. i love you, and i have been praying dilligently for you, and passing on the word to everyone i know to pray for you, and i am wearing my prayer bracelet, even thought it smells funny and we're not allowed to wear jewelry on choir tour. i know that you will change lives, and i can't wait to hear all about it next week!
Thanks Jenni! My bracelet doesn't smell funky anymore...and it makes me sad.
Post a Comment