BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm Just a Summer Girl....

That so isn't true. I've always hated summer for the fact that it's hot. Sure, you get school off, but seriously? Four months? Of doing nothing but sitting on my butt? Sweating like a pig? Watching movies all day?


Winter break was enough for me. Three weeks. Laying around the house. It got to the point where all I would say is "I want to go home!" How am I going to survive summer? I'm going to be doing the same thing again as last summer. Work, school (online this time), work, work, work! The amazing news is that I get to come back August 27th! Whoohoo! 

I guess it's hard to go home because I currently don't have a church. There's no life group. And 96% of the Bay Area is unchurched. So everything that God has revealed to me (i.e. brining heaven to earth), is going to be tested this summer. 

But it's not even that. All my college friends are spread out. Jenni is in Seattle, Rachel is in Oregon, and Carlye is Napa. Who knows where Laura is going to be...and that's just the start. 

Dang Simpson. It truly has become my home. Redding has become my home. Fremont has become my parents home. New York has become my future home. Simpson has become my home because of random events that happened like Saturday night worship (which was the inspiration of my last blog). 

To make this post even more random, let's talk about that. So, God totally revealed Revelation 3:20 to me:
"Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends."
This verse has been my life this past semester. I've resisted God, but I finally heard His voice and answered. And not only that, but I've ate tons of meals with Him. Haha, in my journal I actually wrote that God and I need to have another meal together soon...and then tonight at church we have communion! Crazy!

On a lighter note, I'm going to Seattle in less than a week! Yippee! It's just me and Jenni going now, but I'm still excited. Speaking of excitement, I GOT CHEESE WHIZ!!!! That stuff is freakin' amazing. Cheese in a can, who would've thunk? I thank God everyday for people who invent unhealthy, but amazing tasty, food. Well, I guess I should study for finals...we have free food in about an hour.

0 comments: