Only I don't have a fever. I am however, sick. Now, since it's summer and I don't have a job, I'm on Facebook a lot. And I've noticed that a lot of other Simpson people are sick as well. Hmm...Simpson Plague while we're all on break? Who would've thought it was possible?
So...it's been about two weeks of my four month summer break, and I'm itching to go back to Redding already. That's pretty much been my thought process this entire break. I wake up in the morning wishing that I was still at school, having to go to classes and such. However, I have to get over it. As much as I don't like it, I'm in the Bay Area for my summer break, and I'm going to make the most of it.
At least, that's what I decided when I was at school thinking about summer. Now, I've been doing the same old thing since I got home. Looking for jobs (pretty much on my mind 24/7), reading a ton, and watching TV. Even though I'm really tired of it, I've actually been reading the book that my life group was supposed to be reading (The Power of a Praying Woman), and it's been pretty good. One of the chapters is about God's calling on your life, and how you have to give up your dreams sometimes to let God work in your life.
Wow. If only I actually read at the beginning of last semester, it would have helped. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought, but you know, whatever. Anyway, it was good stuff. I never really thought that I was giving up dreams to go with God's plan for me, but I totally have been. I gave up my "dream" of going to grad school, I gave up my dream of getting a psych degree. I gave up my dream of having a peaceful spring break.
So my plans for summer, going to school, getting a full time job. Those I'm giving up as well. I'm still going to be getting a job (I hope), but I told God that I didn't want a job if it meant risking my relationship with him. Let me explain, last summer I was going to school part time and working like, 50 hours a week. My relationship with God suffered a lot, and I mean a lot. So, I've had some worries and conversations with God about that. I told God that if a job I was applying for was going to take away my focus from him to that job, I didn't want it.
Needless to say, I still don't have a job, LoL. I do, however, have more time to paint and read my bible (only two things I do as an act of worship). Way to go God! Now if he would ust answer my prayer for a man...haha. Just kidding...sort of! Anyway, I'm excited to start praying for my floor this next year. I'm on first floor Morgan again (same room). However, I'm rooming with Jenni! That's scary and exciting at the same time. I'm also going to be an FYE leader, and I'm on the blog team for Simpson next year. So I have that to look forward too.
I love blogging...it helps pass the time away, and it's fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment