So, since its summer, I'm thinking about pretty much nothing. Actually, I've been a little down in the dumps because I don't have a job. But, Alanna is finally done with finals and is coming home on Saturday, I'm making dinner tonight (rosemary lemon chicken and roasted potatoes...yum!), and I'm job hunting tomorrow!
I told Jenni that I was going to just work at the GAP (the store that my bro is the assistant manager to), but after really thinking hard on it, and praying about it....I'm not sure if that's where is God is leading me. So, if I get a job, great. If not, then God is in control and he will provide. I think that in some ways, looking for a job has turned me into Jonah again. I'm using my job hunt as an excuse to not spend time with God, and to not trust God. But no longer. This summer was supposed to be a summer of growth and prayer and family. Instead it's been consumed by bad attitudes and sickness and unemployment. But no longer. Besides, I still have 14 weeks and 6 days left of summer. (Translation: about 3 1/2 months)
The Kingdom of God
The Kingdom of God is justice and peace
And joy, in the Holy Spirit
Come Lord, and open in us, the gates of your kingdom
I will forever be grateful that Mark Carter taught us that song in chapel....

0 comments:
Post a Comment