I wish that worked. As much as I enjoy, and love, my family, I wish I could be in Redding right at this moment. Sure, it's nice to have fun with my parents, eat real food, and be able to read a book without it relating to homework. But Redding is my home, like I've mentioned before.
Now that I'm done ranting, I must say I did have a good week last week. It started right after graduation with me and Jenni driving off campus to the song "Here we Go" by N*sync. It ended with me landing in Oakland, CA thirty minutes late than I was supposed to.
My two favorite things about Seattle were Pike Place Market (including the first Startbucks...oh my gosh), and the Pacific Science Center. Pike Place is kinda like Fisherman's Wharf, but with the best corn dogs known to man. And the science center is amazing with it's giant table and chairs and shadow wall. But the best part ever, was Janelle came to join us! At first it was going to be just me and Jenni, but Jenelle ended up randomly coming.
So, that has been my break thus far. I've finished my fourth book of my summer, and have a huge chunk to go! I'm actually hoping to get my "Christian-read" on. I'm hitting up Rob Bell, Shane Claibourne, Dallas Williard, Beth Moore, and many others. What does God have to say about becoming a leader? Prayer? Lies?
Despite my feelings of wanting to go home, I'm making the most of this summer. I was going to take a summer class, but its already filled up, with ten on the waiting list. So I'm taking that as a sign of God wanting me to take a summer to chill and work on my character. I do have to get a job, however....hopefully I get one.
One season ends, and another begins. Two roads, and only one I can take. '
"The Road Not Taken"
By Robert Frost
"...I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

0 comments:
Post a Comment